October to April Monday - Saturday, 11am - 5pm
May to September Monday - Saturday, 11am - 5.30pm
Closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays
Monday 11 June:
Please note that the House will be closed all day on Monday 11 June for essential maintenance work.
Please note that we cannot take payment by credit or debit card.
Concession (over 60, student or registered unemployed) £6.00
Child £3.50 (age 5 - 17)
Family £15.00 (two adults and accompanying children)
Under 5s are free
National Trust members receive a 50% discount on standard adult admission on presentation of their valid membership card.
If you have forgotten your card today you will be asked to pay the full entrance charge. Please note this arrangement does not include National Trust affiliates such as National Trust for Scotland. For more information please visit National Trust London & South East.
What to see and do
- Mull over Johnson's great Dictionary in the Garret where it was written
- Take our new audio-visual tour and discover Johnson's fascinating life
- Try on our Georgian costumes and explore with the family trail
- Relax in the Library and soak up the tranquil atmosphere
- Explore the seventeenth- and eighteenth-century architecture